Shipping Containers can easily be transformed into containerised flats and even small container based homes, hotel rooms and hostels, providing basic residential amenities for its occupants. Local authorities, individuals, councils, small hotel and hostel operators are able to use shipping containers for such purposes which provide a space and time efficient and indeed cost effective solution to housing and accommodation shortages across our Cities.
Pop-up Containers (a division of Bell Container Trading) is able to assist with such residential and living accommodation container conversions.
For example, a basic specification residential conversion for living purposes would include:
– internal walls and ceiling insulated and lined in white ‘wipe-clean’ boarding
– heavy duty lino or carpet installation onto the original container floor
– convector heating and an electrics pack (to include lights and plug points)
– partitioned bathroom with small shower cubicle (including instant hot water heater)
– basic worktop for small domestic appliances
– externally painted in bespoke colour of choice
– containers can be stacked so as to allow two units above each-other – space efficient
Please see below, example layout of a projected residential container conversion, which could form part of a wider drive to use container homes and shipping container based flats to house the homeless or those who cannot afford traditional bricks and mortar accommodation to live in.
Contact Pop-up Containers to discuss any such bespoke residential container conversions on 01707 648 400 or freephone (from your landline only) on 0800 0285 634. Alternatively, email email@example.com or complete a QUICK QUOTE online now.